- Local News
Affirmative action ruling challenges colleges seeking diversity
The U.S. Supreme Court's support of Michigan's ban on race-based affirmative action in university admissions may spur colleges to find new ways to achieve diversity without using racial preferences.
April 23, 2014
- A 'wearable robot' helps her walk again
- Cuba is running out of condoms
- Affirmative action ruling challenges colleges seeking diversity
- Twisters split two with JCD The Oldenburg Academy varsity baseball team split a doubleheader in Osgood against the Jac-Cen-Del Eagles. The Twisters suffered a 5-2 loss in the first game, but bounced back to take the second by a score of 11-8. The Eagles trailed 2-0 in the first
- Lady Bulldogs second at Shelbyville
- BHS takes two from Lawrenceburg
- Lady Trojans take two from BHS
- Lady Twisters beat Union County
FUN TIMES: Bill Harley entertains kindergarten students. The author and musician sang songs and shared stories with them.
- Students sing along with Harley Bill Harley, an author, storyteller and two-time Grammy Award-winning musician, visited Batesville primary and intermediate schools April 14-15, entertaining students in grades K-5. He also presented a family concert Tuesday evening at Batesville Hig
- Sidell helps people in Burkina Faso
- Looking back at the good old days
- Local food system will be strengthened
- SLS students shine as 'Olympians'