Donald Trump’s war on the news media is the great irony of his presidential campaign.
I was deeply saddened to read recently of the death by suicide of Cmdr. Job Price, who was with a Navy SEAL team in Afghanistan. I was even sadder when I realized that the hopeful idea that sprung up in my mind was naive: “Now maybe people will understand why soldiers commit suicide.”
Close but no cigar. It's the argument that state Sen. Pete Miller, R-Avon, was ready to make for a tax on cheap, brown-wrapped tobacco products that look a lot like cigarettes in shape, size, filter and packaging.
U.S. Rep. Luke Messer spoke about it at the job fair in Lawrenceburg Aug. 5. U.S. Sen. Joe Donnelly came at the same point from a different direction in an Aug. 3 editorial.
- Hill-Rom expansion will add jobs here
- Batesville teen arrested after many vehicle thefts
- Man fatally shot after pointing firearm at officers near Sunman
- Stolen pickup found in Franklin County
- Deputies investigate death at Metamora Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Former coach pleads guilty to child seduction
- Shopko in Batesville will close
- Advocacy center evolves to meet children's needs
- Use of tower would aid in communication
- Farmers feeling tremors over tariffs on soybeans