This Week's Circulars
Mary E. Schutte, age 99 of Batesville, died Friday, September 20, 2019, at The Waters of Batesville. Born May 24, 1920, in Batesville, she is the daughter Laura (nee Gander) and Louis Firsich. She married John H. Schutte June 21, 1941, and he preceded her in death on February 13, 1994. A lif…
Gary Huber, 71, died Sept. 17, 2019. Survived by wife Judith, his children Chris Huber, Jennifer Huber, Todd Huber, Sarah Cruz. Visitation, Saturday 11-2pm with 2pm funeral, all at Meyers Funeral Home. Memorials to Phi Beta Psi Sorority.
Alvin R. W. Kessens, 100, died Sept 16, 2019. Husband of late Ruth Kessens. Survived by children Charles Kessens, Marian Kessens, Barbara Spreckelson and Linda Reichel. Visitation, Sunday from 12-2pm with 2pm funeral, all at Meyers Funeral Home.
- Kanye West stops in Batesville
- Crime trends: drugs in Ripley, alcohol in Franklin
- HMIN to produce new vehicle, add jobs
- Food, music and fun highlight Applefest
- News briefs
- Raised in foster care, prosecutor offers insight to battle against child neglect
- More Versailles State Park sites will be studied
- Work Batesville! is Oct. 1
- Former jailer sentenced for trafficking contraband
- BCSC property tax rate should hold relatively steady