The high school basketball season has ended and congratulations go to the Greensburg Pirates who won the state Class 3A championship.
However, let’s not overlook the accomplishments of our Batesville Bulldogs. They completed their season with only three losses and two of those were to the state champions. In addition, Batesville was victorious in one of their three games versus the eventual state champions. That is a very enviable record.
No, we did not get out of the sectional because we were defeated by the Pirates on their way to the state title. Our young men did themselves proud and they are to be congratulated. Aaron Garrett and his coaching staff are also to be congratulated. They worked long hard hours to bring our team to this level of expertise.
Congratulations to the Batesville Bulldogs basketball team, the coaches, and the parents for a job well done.
Char and Jim Dreyer,
- Renewing Ex-Im Bank's charter can grow Indiana jobs The Export-Import Bank of the United States (commonly known as Ex-Im) is under attack. This is despite the fact that, as a public corporation, Ex-Im made a 2013 profit of $1.06 billion, which was contributed to the federal government’s net revenue. E
- Council member questions consultant's advice Dear Editor,I would like to clarify why I recommended a maximum 5 percent sewer rate increase at the last city council and board of works meetings vs. the Indianapolis consultant’s recommendation of 15 percent.At the end of 2013, the wastewater utili
- Now Meyers a part of Hoosier ag history As some of you may know, I come from a very large family. I am one of the youngest of nine children and have fond memories of all of us growing up and working on our family farm. As a child, I was not always aware of the history that I was surrounded
- Pitchforks in our summer of discontent INDIANAPOLIS - Congress is ... embarrassing. Our political system is failing us.On an individual basis, many of us have respect for members of our delegation. We can have a common sense conversation with a senator, congressman or woman, and then they
- Watch for suicide's warning signs Terre Haute native Tommy John understands all too well how the pain of depression can lead a talented entertainer like Robin Williams to commit suicide.Like Williams, John achieved national fame, posting 288 victories as a major league baseball pitch
- More pool parties planned for future More pool parties planned for future Dear Editor,What a party it was! Nearly 500 people joined us at the Batesville Memorial Pool for the Back to School Bash. The event started at 3 p.m. and ended at midnight.A sincere thank-you goes out to the mayor
- Science camp a success Science camp a success Dear Editor,On behalf of the Explore 2 Learn Children’s Museum’s Board of Directors and Events Committee, I would like to express our sincere thanks to the teachers, sponsors and parents who made it possible for 81 area student
- No Headline Provided Dear Editor, We would like to thank everyone who supported our VFW Day in any way. The money made will be used to support our many programs which help our veterans and active military. If you would like more information or would like to join our org
- Give nonprofits relief from IRS delays A flurry of scandal has recently surrounded the Internal Revenue Service.Over the past few months, we have learned about missing e-mails from IRS employees and revelations of clear bias and hostility by a top IRS official towards organizations with c
- Public safety workers close ranks around gay, lesbian colleagues INDIANAPOLIS – Jason Miller has spent 15 years in a job he loves. He’s an emergency medical technician working two jobs as a first responder, and he’s training to become a firefighter in Kokomo.Miller loves the reward of helping others and the camara
- More Opinion Headlines