The high school basketball season has ended and congratulations go to the Greensburg Pirates who won the state Class 3A championship.
However, let’s not overlook the accomplishments of our Batesville Bulldogs. They completed their season with only three losses and two of those were to the state champions. In addition, Batesville was victorious in one of their three games versus the eventual state champions. That is a very enviable record.
No, we did not get out of the sectional because we were defeated by the Pirates on their way to the state title. Our young men did themselves proud and they are to be congratulated. Aaron Garrett and his coaching staff are also to be congratulated. They worked long hard hours to bring our team to this level of expertise.
Congratulations to the Batesville Bulldogs basketball team, the coaches, and the parents for a job well done.
Char and Jim Dreyer,
- Marijuana use lowers IQ Dear Editor, Don't be misled by some media information that promotes the falsehood that marijuana use is harmless. Marijuana is a drug, and all drugs have risks and side effects. Research published in the Journal of the American Medical Association s
- Harsh truths about a harsh winter Inspired by the Olympics, I went tubing for the first time at Perfect North Slopes at the tail end of February, simultaneously the shortest and longest month. I never would have done it myself, but my Little Sister wanted to go. (I have got to be the
- RCCF grant important to pantry clients Dear Editor, Batesville Area Ministerial Association Food Pantry leaders are so grateful to have been the recipients of a proactive grant of $1,997 from the Ripley County Community Foundation. We are truly blessed to have the generous support of such
- Support downtown Batesville on March 8
- Reader disagrees with view
- Citizens can comment about proposed pipeline
- Disabled must be included WHEREAS, the month of March has been designated as Disabilities Awareness Month to celebrate and recognize people with disabilities by the governor of Indiana; and WHEREAS, disability is a natural part of the human experience and in no way diminishes
- Bipartisan Proposals to Kick Start "Year of Action" President Obama proclaimed that he wants to make 2014 "a year of action" during his recent State of the Union Address. Coming off one of the most unproductive and politically divisive years in congressional history, I am receptive to his call for Was
- Food pantry challenge underway Dear Editor, We are all painfully aware that bad economic times are here. But are you aware that you are in a position to do something to help those in need in your very own community? There is a remarkable man named Alan Feinstein from Cranston, R.
- Salvation Army leaders grateful for contributions Dear Editor, Salvation Army of Ripley County Advisory Council members would like to say thank you to area citizens for their generosity and support through donations into the red kettles located throughout businesses in Ripley County. The donations r
- More Opinion Headlines