The Batesville Middle School eighth grade class would like to thank the community and especially the many participating restaurants for their support during our gift certificate fund raiser. Thank you to Kirk Yorn at Perfect Image for making the gift certificates.
Monies raised will be used to help fund the class trip to Washington, D.C. in May. The support given our students will provide them with a unique educational opportunity that will positively culminate their middle school experience.
Batesville Middle School Class of 2017
- Freudenfest is admirable Oldenburg has been picturesque ever since the village acquired its church steeples so many years ago.But a great town is not born, it’s made. The reputation the burg enjoys today – a striking German heritage community with extremely friendly people –
- Game raises $7,500 for Safe Passage Game raises $7,500 for Safe Passage Dear Editor,I recently helped organize an event to raise money for Safe Passage Inc., a nonprofit domestic violence prevention service headquartered in Batesville. With support from the community and countless volu
- Looking back 25 years agoRandy Records was named Batesville High School head football coach.The Batesville Community School Corp. trustees named two new principals: Kathy Hennon, Westwood Elementary School, and Charles “Chuck” Mason, Batesville High School.Constr
- Border crisis must be solved More than 60,000 unaccompanied alien children – mostly from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador – have been apprehended on America’s southern border during this fiscal year. Another 40,000 family members – one or both parents traveling with their chi
- Opinion page policy outlined The Herald-Tribunewelcomes your views. Please make your letters to the editor short and concise, and be sure to include your name and a telephone number where we can contact you to verify the origin of the letter. The submitted material should also c
- Low college attainment puts Indiana at a disadvantage For many of us, the phrase Big 10 brings to mind the spirited competition that comes with college sports. It may make us think of rivalries on basketball courts and football fields that have endured decades, tied to our pride in an alma mater or fami
- New laws benefit Hoosier families The beginning of July has taken on new meaning since I first began serving as your state representative. Not only does it signify the start of a new month, it also represents when many new laws take effect in Indiana. As a continuous advocate for chi
- Overlooking state's working poor has economic costs The Pence administration is calling for a review of the Indiana tax code. The top goals are to simplify the code and to promote economic development. But another worthy goal, one that would boost the Indiana economy, is missing.First, if the governme
- Financial hardships mount for military families Days before the July 4th holiday, Holly Petraeus stood on the steps of the imposing Indiana War Memorial in Indianapolis, in front of a bank of cameras, and made a plea to military families: Don’t let pride stand in the way of asking for help. It was
- I'm thankful for our veterans' sacrifices On July 4, 1776, the Declaration of Independence was signed, giving birth to a new nation. To Great Britain and the rest of the world, the U.S. proclaimed itself the proud home of free people. Since that day, on more than one occasion, this freedom h
- More Opinion Headlines