The Batesville Middle School eighth grade class would like to thank the community and especially the many participating restaurants for their support during our gift certificate fund raiser. Thank you to Kirk Yorn at Perfect Image for making the gift certificates.
Monies raised will be used to help fund the class trip to Washington, D.C. in May. The support given our students will provide them with a unique educational opportunity that will positively culminate their middle school experience.
Batesville Middle School Class of 2017
- Why can't Congress aim higher? Congressional budget negotiators are moving to meet a Dec.13 deadline to produce, well, something. For weeks, we've been told to keep expectations low. There'll be no "grand bargain" negotiators say. Commentators believe that even the narrowest agree
- Our contributions to culture On Dec. 11, 1816, Indiana was admitted as the 19th state to join the union, making this year our state's 197th birthday. Knowing Indiana's history is important as it allows us to truly understand the significance of our rich past and appreciate the c
- Computers, 'a great addition to our lives' Dear Editor, The Batesville Community Education Foundation graciously awarded Batesville Middle School with a $15,000 grant. This helped pay a portion of each student's technology fee. The students and staff of BMS would like to thank the BCEF for t
- Dogged journalism is a blessing, not a curse Let's start with the obvious: A democracy needs intelligence agencies. It needs to know what's happening in the world and understand the plans of allies and enemies to keep the nation prepared and secure. If intelligence work is going to be effective
- Operation Christmas Child a success Dear Editor, The Batesville United Methodist Church recently served as a drop-off center for the Samaritan's Purse program called Operation Christmas Child. The outpouring of donations from individuals, organizations and churches in this area was he
- A time to give thanks
- End of a NASCAR era Almost quietly over the weekend as the Sprint Cup season came to an end three veteran drivers probably saw the end of their storied careers come to a close. Mark Martin, Jeff Burton and Bobby Labonte may never strap themselves into the driver's seat
- BMS chili supper a success Dear Editor, The Batesville Middle School PTSO would like to send a big thank you to all of the staff, parents, and community that helped to support our annual Chili Supper. We would like to give a special thanks to Carol Bergman for the printing of
- A problem that needs addressed INDIANAPOLIS - In January, on his first day in office, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence called for a moratorium on state regulations, saying less government rules would help spur job creation across the Hoosier state. State Sen. Ron Grooms, a conservative Re
- Like a big family not everyone leaves satisfied INDIANAPOLIS - U.S. Sen. Joe Donnelly likes to joke that the way he learned to embrace negotiation and compromise was by growing up in a big family where everyone had to give up something for the common good. "I'
- More Opinion Headlines