The Batesville Middle School eighth grade class would like to thank the community and especially the many participating restaurants for their support during our gift certificate fund raiser. Thank you to Kirk Yorn at Perfect Image for making the gift certificates.
Monies raised will be used to help fund the class trip to Washington, D.C. in May. The support given our students will provide them with a unique educational opportunity that will positively culminate their middle school experience.
Batesville Middle School Class of 2017
- Reader disagrees with senator Reader disagrees with senator Dear Editor, Senator Coats, a recent editorial titled, "Freeing Hoosier job creators," described your Sound Regulation Act. You said, "The bill would require every federal agency to engage in an extensive analysis to d
- Remembering those who defend our freedom When we send out our presession surveys each year, they generally show that Hoosiers are concerned with issues such as jobs and education, and rightfully so. While veterans' issues may not immediately come to mind as a pressing concern, many people w
- Moving up economic ladder begins in childhood New national research reveals that America is still a land of opportunity, but many Indiana communities rank poorly in fostering upward economic mobility for children and youth. According to Harvard University's Equality of Opportunity Project, despi
- Modest achievements for Gov. Pence INDIANAPOLIS - We aren't quite to the halfway point of Gov. Mike Pence's term, but he's now through his second Indiana General Assembly session and this week signed into law the state's first Pre-Kindergarten program, cut the corporate tax, and provi
- From the mayor Libraries are vital to communities WHEREAS, libraries help lives change in their communities, campuses and schools; WHEREAS, librarians work to meet the changing needs of their communities, including providing resources for everyone and bringing ser
- Hunters harvest less deer in 2013 It looks as if the 2013 season is coming in as the eighth best season for Indiana deer hunters. Statistics show hunters harvested fewer deer in the 2013 season than in each of the previous five seasons. Hearing the annual tally might be sobering new
- Salute military youth, too WHEREAS, thousands of brave Americans have demonstrated their courage and commitment to freedom by serving the armed forces of the United States of America in active duty posts in Afghanistan, Iraq and around the world; and WHEREAS, more than 19,000
- Retired baker grateful to customers Retired baker grateful to customers Dear Editor, Forty-one years ago I had a dream to open a cake shop. My three boys were young so I was only able to do cakes as a hobby. I baked and decorated cakes for 20 years after working a full-time job outsid
- Many OA high points this year Many OA high points this year Dear Editor, On behalf of the entire Oldenburg Academy family, I wish to say thank you to the Batesville/Oldenburg community, businesses, families, alums and various well-wishers whose support and encouragement meant so
- Letter to the editor Ziemke out of tune with constituents Dear Editor, In The Herald-Tribune article "Legislators reveal their thoughts on HJR-3" Feb. 21, our legislators revealed the reasoning for their votes on HJR-3, which would have amended the state Constitution to
- More Opinion Headlines