- More News
- Cellphone scam surfaces in the area Better Business Bureaus across the country are seeing a rash of the One-Ring Scam on cellphones recently. "Returning a missed call from an unknown number might be tempting, but it could cost you," said BBB of Cincinnati officials. "Here is how it wor
- Ripley County Sheriff's Office releases 2013 stats The Ripley County Sheriff's Office has released its 2013 activity report, according to Sheriff Tom Grills. There were 608 criminal cases, up 58 from 2012. Out of these cases, 373 were either closed or resulted in arrest, and 235 cases remain open an
- Snowy owl spotted in Greensburg "For many of us, the term snow birds conjures up images of retired loved ones heading south to escape the cold and dreary Midwestern winters. For bird watchers, snow birds take on a whole different meaning," reports Chris Fox, Franklin County Soil an
- Five tips can cut winter electricity bills Weeks after a polar vortex that resulted in customers setting all-time marks for winter power use across communities served by Duke Energy Indiana, the company continues to suggest ways to save energy and money on power bills during colder weather, r
- NARFE Christmas party held NARFE Christmas party held The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Chapter 0813 met Dec. 17, 2013, at the Rushville Elks Club for their Christmas party, according to Secretary Harold DeWitt. The meeting was opened by President Eva Stone f
- Time to complete Stayin' Alive grant apps Stayin' Alive, the Franklin County Local Coordinating Council of the Governor's Commission for a Drug-Free Indiana, is accepting grant applications for projects and programs that aim to reduce substance abuse problems in the county, said executive di
Hypothermia and frostbite are dangers now
With cold winter weather already upon us and expected for the days ahead, state health officials recommend Hoosiers take steps to plan for the cold.
- Vets and active military need winter clothing The Batesville Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3183 Ladies Auxiliary held its monthly meeting and Christmas party Dec. 12, 2013, at the post home. After a delicious dinner, President Patti Weberding opened the meeting at 7 p.m. with 17 members present.
- Prell-Bland Unit revises constitution Members of Prell-Bland American Legion Unit 271 met Monday, Jan. 13, at 7:30 p.m. at the Veterans of Foreign Wars post with President Marilyn Gausman presiding. Minutes of the previous meeting were read by Secretary Sally Wilhelm and approved as rea
- Flu activity increases across state Three Hoosiers have died from influenza. These are the first deaths of the 2013-14 flu season, reports Ken Severson, Indiana State Department of Health media relations manager. "Flu activity is increasing around the state," says Dr. William VanNess,
- More More News Headlines