- More News
- Tristate event results in amazing animal adoptions This winter has been harsh on both people and animals, especially domestic dogs and cats that had to endure bitter outside temperatures. Like many rural animal shelters, the one in Franklin County is usually operating at full capacity, meaning some d
- McKittrick named officer of the year Ryan McKittrick, a Ripley County Sheriff's Office deputy, received the 2013 Officer of the Year Award from the Versailles American Legion Feb. 6, according to a Nixle message. Every year, the post chooses a fireman and police officer for his or her o
- Local food forum Wednesday Local food system leaders will host a community forum Wednesday, March 5, from 4-6 p.m. with the Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service Rebuilding Your Local Food System Team. The event will be held at Batesville's Memorial Building, 132 S.
- Rusty Griswolds band will perform March 14 Music lovers can "Journey" back to the '80s with Rural Alliance for the Arts members as they present Cincinnati rock band The Rusty Griswolds in concert at Walhill Farm, Batesville, Friday, March 14, from 7:30-11 p.m. "Concert-goers will have 'Noth
- Trooper appointed as LETR state director Indiana State Police Master Trooper Tommy Walker has been appointed the Indiana Law Enforcement Torch Run state director by Michael Furnish, Special Olympics Indiana president and chief executive officer, reports Rich Myers, ISP public information of
Household hazards will be collected March 1
On Saturday, March 1, the Southeastern Indiana Recycling District will hold a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day for residents of Franklin and Ripley counties, according to public outreach coordinator Gary Marlin.
Saturday’s health fair offers many free screenings
The 33rd annual Dearborn County Hospital Health-A-Fair is Saturday, March 1, from 7 a.m.-noon at the hospital, 600 Wilson Creek Road, Lawrenceburg, according to spokesperson Mary Wernke. "This much anticipated event offers a wide range of health screenings and exhibits for individuals 18 years of age and older."
- Police hope to deter drunk driving Beginning Friday, Feb. 28, the Batesville Police Department and Franklin County Sheriff's Department Traffic Safety Partnership will initiate a major enforcement effort to crack down on impaired and dangerous driving. "We will have a strong and visib
- Shelter full of adoptable pets Trigger was just 6 months old when he arrived at the Ripley County Humane Society shelter over a year ago. The fully vetted dog is micro-chipped, has a beautiful brindle coat and loves to go for walks, board member Irish Stockard reports. The shelter
- Families can get active at Saturday's Day of Dance
- More More News Headlines