Eight Soil and Water Conservation District staff members recently received the Indiana District Employees Association Star Awards, which were presented as part of the Indiana Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts’ annual Conservation Awards Banquet, according to DeeDee Sigler, IASWCD communications manager.
The awards are presented each year by IDEA to SWCD staff for their outstanding work serving their constituents and conservation partners.
The North-Southeast Region Star Award recipient was Kim Jolly, Ripley County SWCD. She has always been more than willing to assist in any effort, regardless of the program or funding source, to provide assistance to Ripley County land users.
Jolly has reached out and supported newly hired SWCD administrators to help them learn the processes for the job. She is a very valuable asset to the conservation partnership, assisting with EQIP and CRP contribution agreements over the last three years, completing each agreement with excellent results. The Ripley County SWCD annual meeting’s presentation, that she develops annually, has been invaluable in helping the public to understand the unique and valuable partnership that exists within Indiana.
Other honorees included
• Ethel Turkowski, LaPorte County SWCD, North-Northwest Region;
• Nancy Brown, Elkart County SWCD, North-Northeast Region;
• Marlene Raisor, Hendricks County SWCD, South-Northwest Region;
• Chanda Hiatt, Madison County SWCD, South-Northeast Region;
• Meg Leader, Vermillion County SWCD, North-Southwest Region;
• Jeri Ziliak, Posey County SWCD, South-Southwest Region; and
• Marsha Ralston, Lawrence County SWCD, South-Southeast Region.