Wednesday, July 23, is the first day that an individual may file a school board member petition of nomination or a declaration of intent to run as a write-in candidate to appear on the Tuesday, Nov. 4, election ballot, said Karla Bauman, Franklin Circuit Court clerk. Friday, Aug. 22, by noon is the deadline to file.
These school board seats will be on ballots where persons are eligible to vote for the positions.
Batesville Community School Corp.:
• District 1 – One member will be elected who resides in Franklin County in the district that includes Oldenburg Corp. and parts of Butler and Salt Creek townships that are within the Batesville school district.
• District 2 – One member will be elected who resides in Franklin County in the district that includes Ray Township, but excludes the town of Oldenburg and city of Batesville.
• District 4 – One member will be elected who resides in Ripley County in the district that includes portions of Laughery and Adams townships of Ripley County that are within Batesville school district boundaries and outside of Batesville city limits.
Franklin County Community School Corp.:
• District 5 – Three at-large members will be elected.
Union County/College Corner Joint School District (one member for each township):
• Bath Township (Franklin County)
• Brownsville Township (Union County)
• Liberty Township (Union County)
• Union Township (Union County)
All candidates will file documents in the Franklin County clerk’s office, except those running for the BCSC District 4 seat. That paperwork must be taken to the Ripley County clerk, according to Bauman.
Persons with questions may contact Bauman at email@example.com or 765-647-5111, Ext. 3.