Rising Sun Regional Foundation officials awarded a total of $250,005 in 14 new grants at its June 25 meeting, reported President Jerry Smith and executive director Jascia Redwine.
Half of the grants are aimed at Ripley County projects:
• $30,000 to Jac-Cen-Del Community School Corp. toward the purchase of interactive boards, cases and computer carts;
• $30,000 to Milan ‘54 toward the restoration of the historic Nichols Barbershop;
• $24,000 to the Delaware Volunteer Fire Department for the purchase of bunker gear;
• $21,000 to the town of Versailles toward necessary water utility improvements;
• $15,000 to Milan Community School Corp. toward the purchase of computer carts, Apple TVs and other related equipment;
• $4,000 to the Batesville Youth Football League toward the purchase of safety equipment; and
• $2,229 to LifeTime Resources toward the installation of a security camera and lighting;
The remaining seven grants will be used for projects closer to the funding source:
• $32,000 to the Rising Sun Volunteer Fire Department toward the purchase of self-contained breathing apparatus, masks and spare bottles;
• $30,000 to the Ohio County Sheriff’s Department toward the purchase of in-car cameras;
• $20,000 to the city of Aurora toward the implementation of a voluntary curbside recycling program;
• $20,000 to Heart House toward the purchase of a minivan;
• $14,774 to Rising Sun/Ohio County Rescue toward the installation of and training on new lift equipment;
• $4,502 to Special Olympics Indiana (Ripley, Ohio and Dearborn counties) toward the purchase of folding tables, chairs and related equipment; and
• $2,500 to the Ohio County Convention, Visitors and Tourism Bureau toward expenses for A Roar of Thunder Regatta, which will be held Aug. 16-17 in Rising Sun.
The Rising Sun Regional Foundation grantmaking program began in early 1997. It is funded by the Rising Star Casino Resort, owned by Full House Resorts Inc., which makes monthly contributions to the foundation based on a percentage of its adjusted gross revenue.