- Local News
- Netting will be installed at The Plex Just before Mike Baumer left his position as Batesville parks commissioner, he applied for a Rising Sun Regional Foundation grant. At their March 26 quarterly meeting, directors decided to award the requested $15,000 to the Batesville Parks and Recre
- Three arrested on drug charges After conducting months of intel and surveillance, the Ripley County Sheriff's Office obtained enough information in reference to drug activity in the town of Sunman to secure search warrants for two separate residences there, according to Sheriff To
- Building on it
- Sheriff leaves post earlier than expected Tom Grills' last day as Ripley County sheriff is March 31. As a constitutionally-elected official, he had to submit a resignation letter to Gov. Mike Pence, Grills reported March 26. The 38-year-old's next job will be a compliance agent for a private
- New Horizons empowers individuals "Empowering individuals by creating meaningful opportunities in a changing environment" is the mission of New Horizons Rehabilitation, according to executive director Marie Dausch. The organization, which was founded in 1968, serves individuals with
- History highlighted in series "Hooked on History," the Franklin County Public Library District's Hometown History Series, begins the third Wednesday of April and continues each month through October, reports Julie Schlesselman, local history and genealogy department manager. The
Sheriff leaves post earlier than expected
Tom Grills' last day as Ripley County sheriff is March 31.
- Five county tourism grants awarded
Parks and pool will have new leaders
In the near future, area residents will notice different faces in charge of Batesville's parks and pool.
- STC members listen to citizen concerns SUNMAN - Several Sunman residents expressed their concerns about various issues to town council members March 20. Twila Stith said, "I'm just very concerned about the trash cans sitting out on the street. I've seen 12 of them this week. The more we
- More Local News Headlines