- Local News
Batesville trio arrested after armed robbery
Three Batesville residents have been arrested in connection with an armed robbery, said Batesville Police Department Chief Stan Holt.
- Greensburg deaths being investigated
- What are recreational priorities now?
- STC members discuss delinquent utility bills SUNMAN - Two Sunman utility customers, who are delinquent in paying their bills, were on the Feb. 20 Sunman Town Council agenda. One attended the meeting. The other did not. Robert Carpenter said, "I'm out of work ... (and) have been under workers'
- BEDC studies grant application Mariann Dickman, owner and president of Advanced Nitriding Solutions (www.ans-ion.net), 1688 Lammers Pike, asked the Batesville Economic Development Commission Feb. 21 to get behind her application for a $1 million Lawrenceburg Regional Economic Deve
Tornado did touch down near Osgood
A tornado occurred four miles north of Osgood Feb. 20 at about 10:14 p.m., National Weather Service, Wilmington, Ohio, experts have confirmed.
- School makeup days debated Eleven skipped school days due to miserable weather have added to the stress of preparing students for ISTEP testing. "We've had 87 lost instructional hours," including days off and shortened school days due to delayed openings, Batesville Community
- Legislators reveal their thoughts on HJR-3 The Indiana General Assembly recently moved a step closer to adding an amendment to the state's Constitution regarding what is recognized as a valid marriage. In 2011, lawmakers approved a proposed constitutional amendment that would ban same-sex m
- Persons can earn equivalency diploma "It is a new world in high school equivalency," reports Molly Dodge, River Valley Resources, Madison, adult basic education director. "This is the first time more than one high school equivalency test has been available to states ... (It) has always
- Restaurant owner must submit plan VERSAILLES - Due to several re-occurring violations, the Old Brick Tavern, Sunman, did not have its food permit renewed for 2014. "We have some concerns," administrator Tony Schneider announced to Ripley County Health Department members Jan. 28. Dur
- More Local News Headlines
- Batesville trio arrested after armed robbery