New this year, the conference will highlight the documentary First Generation, a film about the struggles five high school students face in becoming the first in their families to pursue a college education. The filmmakers will take part in a post-film discussion.
The Leadership Institute will offer an intensive professional development experience designed to help executive directors, board members and senior staff become better leaders and innovate more ideas. This year’s Leadership Institute speaker, David Owens, Ph.D., will explain the art and science of generating better ideas, assessing them and making sure they get a chance to impact an organization. Owens, author of the book “Creative People Must Be Stopped! Six Ways We Stop Innovation Without Even Trying,” serves on the faculty at Vanderbilt University’s Owen Graduate School of Management and provides consulting services for NASA and the Smithsonian.
New roundtable stations will engage participants in in-depth conversation on a variety of topics including bullying and volunteer recruitment. Plus, conference attendees can also kick-off this year’s event with the Because Kids Count Talent Show and Conference Mixer on Dec. 3 from 6:30-8 p.m. at the JW Marriott.
Register online at www.iyi.org/conferences.
- The cost is $175 for Indiana residents who sign up by Nov. 26.
- After that, registration is $200 at the door.
- Attendees will have the option to add-on the Leadership Institute for $25 or attend just the Leadership Institute for $125.
- There also is a carpooler’s discount, allowing three people to register with a fourth attending the conference for free.
- The cost for out-of-state residents is $500 plus an additional $50 to go to the Leadership Institute.
For more information, contact Niccole Caan of the Indiana Youth Institute at 317-396-2737 or email@example.com.