• The Ripley County Chamber of Commerce Fireworks Night is July 5 at Osgood’s fairgrounds park, says chamber Secretary Gerry Nordmeyer, Batesville. Booths opening at 5 p.m. will offer glow items, antiques, crafts and flea market treasures. Persons interested in free booth space can call the chamber at 812-689-6654. Food will be offered by Osgood Lions. Centerline will perform at 7 p.m., followed by fireworks at dark, reports director Amy Thomas. The event is sponsored by the chamber, Gilmore and Golda Reynolds Foundation and Ripley County Park and Recreation Department.
• “Red, White and Blues’’ is the theme of Vevay’s First Friday party July 5. Starting at 6 p.m., live music by three groups, local art exhibits, free carriage rides, restaurant specials and shops’ extended hours are featured. Info: 812-427-9406.
• The Metamora Firemen’s Festival is Saturday, July 6. In addition to kids’ games, pulled pork dinners will be offered starting at 2 p.m. and a beer garden with mechanical bull runs from 3 p.m.-midnight. Lineup for the 6 p.m. parade is at the firehouse, with fireworks at dusk, reports volunteer Steve Collier. Info: www.metamoraindiana.com.
• Versailles Lake will mirror fireworks at 10 p.m. July 6 at Versailles State Park. These are sponsored by the park and freewill donations that night. Free park entry goes from 7-10 p.m.
• July 6 is a big day at other Indiana Department of Natural Resources properties: Brown County State Park Abe Martin Lodge, Nashville, is the site for an Old-Fashioned Independence Day Celebration, 812-988-4418; Brookville-Whitewater Complex near Brookville will host a cornhole tournament, 765-647-2657; and Clifty Falls State Park, Madison, boasts a regatta cookout and fireworks, 812-273-8885. Info: www.in.gov/dnr.