Batesville Herald Tribune, Batesville, Indiana

May 17, 2013

Car destroyed by fire

Debbie Blank
The Herald-Tribune

— A car on fire at Batesville Shopping Village was reported to the Batesville Fire and Rescue Department Thursday, May 16, about 12:13 p.m.

After the call, Chief Todd Schutte arrived one minute later as nearby vehicles were being moved away from the blaze. “The car was fully engulfed” with flames.

Eight firefighters “were putting water on it within four minutes of the call.”

Nevertheless, the 1993 Dodge Shadow owned by Roy Salatin was a total loss, the chief reported. He determined the fire was caused by an electrical problem in the dashboard.

Nobody was injured during the incident.