— A silver 2000 GMC pickup truck with Indiana license plate RKE798 “was reported as having been taken sometime last night” from 11260 State Road 48, said the Dearborn County sheriff in an e-mailed Nixle message at 2:39 p.m. May 24. The truck has a sticker in the rear window that says, “ No Farmers No Food.” Persons who see the vehicle or have any other information should contact the Dearborn County sheriff at 812-537-8730 or a local law enforcement agency.
- Local News
- Main Street committees will be formed The Batesville Main Street organization is moving forward. About 30 supporters attended the April 9 meeting at the Sherman House to hear Shae Kmicikewycz, Indiana Main Street, Indianapolis, program manager, give an overview of suggested committees an
- City leaders set active living priorities Two Batesville leaders kicked off the city's April 10 Active Living Workshop by explaining why the focus is vital. Angie Johnson, Southeastern Indiana YMCA executive director, said one of the key findings of a recent community needs assessment was t
- Stratton takes over as sheriff Stratton takes over as sheriff Diane Raver The Herald-Tribune
- Shell building financing explained "For the better part of 18 months," the Batesville Economic Development Commission has been mulling over whether to construct a shell building in the new industrial park to attract a company, President Andy Saner told the city council April 14. "We'd
- Metamora will host Seeger tribute concert and play The resurrected Metamora Performing Arts Inc. Board of Directors are forging ahead with two cultural events, a concert and play (please see box). "Songs of Peace and Justice: A Tribute to Pete Seeger" will be presented Saturday, April 26, from 1-9 p.
Couple arrested on theft charges
An Oldenburg couple were arrested by Batesville police in connection with a theft April 14, according to Chief Stan Holt.
- A shower of praise for Ivy Tech chancellor About 190 laughed during hours of stories about the boisterous James Helms, Ivy Tech Community College Southeast Region chancellor emeritus, during an April 5 retirement dinner at the Batesville Knights of Columbus Hall. A formally dressed Mayor Rick
- Weather spotters update their training Naturally, National Weather Service, Wilmington, Ohio, forecaster Andy Hatzos is always thinking about that universal topic. "There's nothing so far tonight, but I'm kind of keeping an eye on it," he told about 70 who attended a severe weather spotte
- Security measures added at SDCSC ST. LEON - Tom Harris, Sunman-Dearborn Community School Corp. support services director, gave trustees an update April 10 on the safety and security measures being added in the district. "Every school now has a sensor on the exterior doors, and we
- 'School safety is more than an active shooter' OSGOOD - A stabbing at a Pennsylvania high school that injured 22 is one of the most recent examples of school violence. Officials are constantly doing what they can to create a safe environment for the children. On April 3, school administrators,
- More Local News Headlines