A single-vehicle fatality crash on U.S. 52 between Cedar Grove and New Trenton was reported Monday, July 15, at 7:24 p.m., said Franklin County sheriff's Deputy Don Speckman, the investigating officer. Todd Hollowell, 59, West Harrison, was driving a 2006 Harley-Davidson motorcycle eastbound. "For an unknown reason," it ran off of the road's south side, striking the guardrail. Hollowell, who was ejected from the motorcycle, was pronounced dead at the scene. "The driver ... was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident," according to Speckman. The accident is still under investigation by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department. Also assisting at the scene were FCSD Deputy John Roberts, Cedar Grove Fire Department, Drewersburg EMS 1, University Air Care and Rescue 24.
- Local News
Dollar General scammed out of dollars
The Batesville Police Department is currently investigating a theft that occurred July 24 at the Batesville Dollar General store.
- Where is this Toyota?
- BCEF sponsors 3K, 5K and 12K races "The Batesville Community Education Foundation will be hosting the Batesville K12 again this year, but it will be a little different," reports foundation administrator Kelly Poltrack. The athletic event is slated for Saturday, Sept 27, in conjunction
- Everyone in the pool! Splish! Splash! Get ready for a nine-hour nonstop open air party.Th city-sponsored Back to School Bash at the Batesville Memorial Pool will take place Friday, Aug. 8, from 3 p.m.-midnight, reports manager Elizabeth Hall. “We wanted to do something fu
- Sewer rate increase eyed Batesville clerk-treasurer Ron Weigel told Batesville Board of Works members during a special July 29 meeting that the city has had to push off a number of sewer projects over the past couple of years “because we weren’t rate adequate” since about 20
- Big plans for Indiana's 200th birthday Indiana’s official 200th birthday is Dec. 11, 2016, but individuals and groups across the state are now preparing for the event. Perry Hammock, Indiana Bicentennial Commission executive director, and René Stanley, the commission’s community resources
- People show faith in Works of Mercy BROOKVILLE – Jennifer and Michael Wiesemann took the leap of faith and bought the former Elsie Dreyer Nursing Home building at 273 Main St., Brookville, and established the Works of Mercy Center, which will provide free help to people in need. Wiesem
- Five new cars and trailer burn on interstate Six Batesville firefighters responded to a car-carrier truck fire on westbound Interstate 74 just behind Batesville High School at 11:25 a.m. Sunday, July 27, according to Fire Chief Todd Schutte. The chief also called for tanker support from Oldenbu
- Symphony highlights arts council's 25th anniversary The Franklin County Arts Council, currently celebrating its 25th anniversary, was established when Franklin County High School opened in Brookville.Vice President Patti Wilhelm, Brookville, who has been involved with the organization for 24 years, re
- Educators work and play in China ”I loved China!” raves Batesville Middle School language arts and special education teacher Alex Davis, who worked in Beijing with five other Batesville Community School Corp. educators June 28-July 18 to sharpen the English skills of Chinese incomin
- More Local News Headlines
- Dollar General scammed out of dollars