A single-vehicle fatality crash on U.S. 52 between Cedar Grove and New Trenton was reported Monday, July 15, at 7:24 p.m., said Franklin County sheriff's Deputy Don Speckman, the investigating officer. Todd Hollowell, 59, West Harrison, was driving a 2006 Harley-Davidson motorcycle eastbound. "For an unknown reason," it ran off of the road's south side, striking the guardrail. Hollowell, who was ejected from the motorcycle, was pronounced dead at the scene. "The driver ... was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident," according to Speckman. The accident is still under investigation by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department. Also assisting at the scene were FCSD Deputy John Roberts, Cedar Grove Fire Department, Drewersburg EMS 1, University Air Care and Rescue 24.
- Local News
- State officials certify 2014 Ripley County budget
- Chief deputy arrested on drug charges Ripley County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Joe "David" Pippin, 47, Napoleon, was charged with six counts of acquiring a controlled substance by deceit, a Class D felony, Dec. 18, according to Ripley County prosecuting attorney Ric Hertel. An Indiana
- Accident claims life of North Decatur student
- Foundation's endowments stand at 113
- Water rates will rise in March Batesville customers soon will be paying more for one of life's necessities - water. During the past two Batesville City Council meetings, Batesville Utility Service Board members discussed raising water rates over three years. The mayor asked counci
- Batesville resident appointed to county council After serving seven years, former Batesville resident Juanita "DeeDee" Kaiser resigned from her Ripley County Council District 1 seat by letter in mid-November. She moved to Bridgetown in Western Hills, a Cincinnati suburb, to be closer to her two da
- The Brick positively influences young adults In the 14 months since a Community Mental Health Center apartment building was officially dedicated Sept. 18, 2012, at 16 N. Depot St., Batesville, it has proved vital in turning young lives around. Each floor of the two-story structure contains six
- BZA members approve one variance, deny two Batesville Board of Zoning Appeals members listened to two applications for variances and one for a home occupation permit, but only gave their approval to one. Jerry Ertel asked for a special exception variance, which would allow him to purchase pr
- RC food establishments inspected After showing some improvement during second quarter inspections, a Ripley County restaurant still has quite a few items to work on, as shown during more recent surprise Ripley County retail food establishment inspections. From July 10-Sept. 26, the
Drugs stolen from Batesville store
Batesville police are investigating a burglary that occurred at the CVS Pharmacy on State Road 229 Dec. 8.
- More Local News Headlines