BATESVILLE — Countryside Realty broker Jim Dreyer, who analyzed the Southeast Indiana Board of Realtors Multiple Listing Service data, reports:
• Sales in April were $1.56 million compared to April 2011’s $2.43 million;
• Year-to-date sales are $5.03 million compared to 2011’s year-to-date of $4.3 million;
• There were 10 homes sold in April compared to 11 in April 2011;
• Year-to-date homes sold are 28 compared to 23 in 2011;
• The number of homes listed for sale increased to 84 compared to 78 at the end of March;
• At the end of April, there were 20 houses pending sale. However, there are five that have been pending for many months and two that went pending in late April, so they may not close in May. Based on the remaining 13, Dreyer estimates the May sales to be about $3 million compared to $1.2 million in 2011.
The banks are now taking 45 days or more to get to closing, he says. Based on local banks, the interest rate for a 30-year loan was 3.86 percent and a 15-year loan was 3.13 percent.